Opti-Load Aflas gasket is a low load to seal gasket made from Aflas rubber – an extremely versatile elastomer with exceptional chemical and temperature capabilities. Especially suited for Chlor-Alkali plants.
Features and Benefits of Opti-Load Aflas Gasket
- Raised sealing rings reduce the seating area of the gasket, lowering the required load to achieve a seal.
- Sealing rings also help maintain the seal during thermal and pressure cycling.
- Excellent resistance to Steam and hot water.
- Excellent resistance to caustics and acids.
- Good resistance to most Hydrocarbons.
- Superior Dielectric strength.
- High Temperature capability compared to standard elastomers.
- Identification tab on the outside diameter of the gasket allows operator to verify material and size while in service.
Typical Applications of Opti-Load Aflas Gasket
- Non-metallic flanges and flanges that have limited seating stress available.
- Most chemical service (acid and caustic) where steam and hot water may be present.
- Chlor-Alkali applications such as Sodium Hypochlorite, and caustic soda.
- Opti-Load Aflas Gasket Specifications
- Construction: Aflas Elastomer
- Color: Black
- Temp. Range: Min: –9°F; Intermittent: 400°F.
- Durometer, Shore A ±5: 70
- Pressure: Max: 250 psi. See Datasheet below for recommended bolt torque values.