Spirax Sarco Steam Traps
It is essential, without loss of live steam, to remove condensate and often air and other incondensable gases from steam systems. The Spirax Sarco range of steam traps allows the best choice to be made for all applications. A steam trap performance monitoring system complements the range.
A.R. Thomson Group distributes Spirax Sarco steam products across Canada. The product range includes:
- Thermodynamic steam traps Thermodynamic steam traps combine reliability, simplicity and efficiency of operation; with just one moving part (a hardened stainless steel disc) they give a blast discharge with clean, tight shut-off. They are able to withstand: superheat, waterhammer, corrosive condensate, freezing and vibration. The TD trap is the first choice for removal of condensate from steam distribution systems. Sizes up to DN25. For pressures up to 250 bar. Body material: carbon steel, stainless steel or alloy steel.
- Ball float steam traps Ball float steam traps are extremely versatile and work efficiently on both light and heavy condensate loads. Although compact in size, their discharge capacity is high and continuous, ensuring maximum heat transfer. These traps are the best choice for draining plant with automatic temperature control. An integral air vent is fitted as standard and an adjustable needle valve is available as an option to prevent steam locking. Sizes up to DN100. For pressures up to 32 bar. Body material: cast iron, SG iron, cast steel or stainless steel.
- Balanced pressure thermostatic steam traps Balanced pressure thermostatic steam traps adjust automatically to varying steam pressures and have excellent air venting characteristics during plant start-up and during normal operation. They have large discharge capacities for their size and the robust design of the internals gives a good life expectancy. Sizes up to DN25. For pressures up to 32 bar. Body material: brass, cast steel or stainless steel
- Sealed steam traps Sealed maintenance free steam traps. Range: balanced pressure, inverted bucket and bimetallic versions. Sizes up to DN25. For pressures up to 45 bar. Body material: stainless steel.
- Inverted bucket steam traps Inverted bucket traps are the most robust type of the mechanical traps and will resist waterhammer. When the check valve option has been fitted in the inlet, they can be used with superheated steam. They are available with a wide selection of valve orifices for precise pressure and load matching. Sizes up to DN50. For pressures up to 62 bar. Body material: cast iron, cast steel, alloy steel or stainless steel.
- Bimetallic thermostatic steam traps Bimetallic steam traps can conserve energy by discharging sub-cooled condensate in those applications which can utilize sensible heat. They are the most robust of all the thermostatic steam traps, being able to withstand waterhammer and corrosive condensate. Sizes up to DN100. For pressures up to 210 bar. Body material: cast steel, alloy steel or stainless steel.
- Spiratec steam trap monitors Every steam trap that fails to operate properly can cause problems elsewhere in the steam system. Spiratec can continuously monitor your steam traps to show their operation and warn of malfunctions. It will detect if traps are passing live steam or if they are waterlogged. The system either uses sensor chambers mounted upstream of conventional steam traps, or integral sensors in pipeline connectors or steam traps, giving a signal to an external test point. Sizes up to DN50. For pressures up to 32 bar. Body material: carbon steel, SG iron or stainless steel.
- Quickfit steam traps The comprehensive range of pipeline connectors coupled with world leading steam trap technology reduces plant downtime, maintenance costs and ensures zero emissions, whilst maintaining system effi ciency. Range: Suitable for use with balanced pressure, thermodynamic, inverted bucket, float and bimetallic steam traps. Sizes up to DN25. For pressures up to 32 bar. Body material: generally stainless steel.